A rigid, semi-rigid, or flexible manufactured membrane, composite material, or roof structure placed over a waste management facility, agrichemical handling facility, or an on-farm secondary containment facility.
A structure that will collect , control and convey precipitation runoff from a roof.
What is it:
Provide a roof or cover to:
- protect clean water from dilution in waste water in an existing or planned animal waste handling or storage area
- improve waste management and utilization to protect nearby surface water quality
- capture biogas emissions from an existing or planned animal waste storage facility to reduce the net effect of greenhouse gas emissions, improve air quality, and reduce odor as a result of:
- biological treatment with composite cover material
- combustion by flare
- combustion by engine generator for energy production
- protect clean water by excluding it from a chemically contaminated area
Roof Runoff Structure is applied to achieve one or more of the following purposes:
- Protect surface water quality by excluding roof runoff from contaminated areas
- Protect a structure foundation from water damage or soil erosion from excess water runoff
- Increase infiltration of runoff water
- Capture water for other uses