A planned sequence of crops grown on the same ground over a period of time (i.e. the rotation cycle).
Why install it:
This practice is applied to support one or more of the following purposes:
- Reduce sheet, rill and wind erosion.
- Maintain or increase soil health and organic matter content.
- Reduce water quality degradation due to excess nutrients.
- Improve soil moisture efficiency.
- Reduce plant pest pressures.
- Provide feed and forage for domestic livestock.
- Provide food and cover habitat for wildlife, including pollinator forage, and nesting.
Who do I contact in Ohio:
Questions, concerns or suggestions for website content on this practice.https://agbmps.osu.edu/submit/email-general-questions-comments-or-concerns